Sunday, April 6, 2014

Crystal Clay & Game of Thrones - Part 6: House Greyjoy

Season 4 of Game of Thrones premieres tonight!!!! Time for popcorn! Swords! Red Viper!

... And time to continue my Game of Thrones-inspired handmade jewellery series. Here's hoping I can manage one blog post per episode.

So what's on the menu for today? KRAKEN of course. Reek/Theon's storyline and character arc for A Dance with Dragons was one of my favourite parts of the book. House Greyjoy was always a secret favourite of mine - Asha, please, please, survive until the end. Here's hoping Season 4 gives her some cool stuff to do (like kick Ramsay Snow's ass). As much as I love the books, I like it when the show creates new material - gives me something to be surprised by.



I used black clay embedded with solid black Czech Preciosa crystals, to recall Pyke's dark and stony shores. I used a mix of wood beads and dull gold freshwater pearls to recall the sea, and ships.


And of course, an octopus. I know it's not a kraken - point me towards any kraken charms you can find - but I found this charm more aesthetically pleasing.

I pieced the bracelet together using scrap chain and random beads that I had lying around... my one criticism: not enough black! But I wanted a cobbled-together, rough and wild look.


Did I pay the Iron Price??? Not really. My cat tried to play with the necklace and I didn't let her, if that counts.





Which house should I do next week? Feel welcome to sound off in the comments.




---

For the previous installments of my Game of Thrones-inspired jewellery posts, see below:

Part 1: House Stark
Part 2: House Lannister
Part 3: House Tyrell
Part 4: House Tully
Part 5: House Frey
---


To see my original hand-made jewellery, please visit my store.

Oh, and please do 'like' my facebook page. :) https://www.facebook.com/BeadedBohemian


DISCLAIMER: The jewellery I make in this blog series are original designs and NOT copies of those made by HBO.  

2 comments:

  1. I don't care if yours is an octopus. Yours is much better. The krakens from the show look like the uterus with ovaries attached. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realized that! I just took a look now and you're totally right. Euuughhhh

      Delete